Possible Interview Questions for Interior Designers
About your portfolio:
- What do you think is the most unique thing in your portfolio?
- What did you learn as a result of doing this project?
- What shows your technical proficiency best in your portfolio?
- Why was it important to include this project in your portfolio?
Can you describe the design process you went through to complete this design?
As a Student:
- Were you a student member of any professional design organizations?
- What was the hardest subject for you in school – in design?
- Would you describe yourself as more design-oriented or more technical-oriented?
- We’ve all had times when we just couldn’t get everything done on time. Describe a time when this happened to you and why?
- Did you ever work in teams on a project? How was that?
- Tell me a situation in which you had to work with a difficult personality – how did you handle it?
- Why did you select the college or school you attended?
- Did you have any leadership experience in college?
- How do you think your colleagues in your major would describe you?
- Did you find it comfortable to work in the classroom studio?
- Give me an example of an important goal you set for yourself and tell me about your progress in reaching that goal.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Describe what you would consider to be the perfect job.
- How long do you think it will take you to make a meaningful contribution to our firm?
- Tell me about a recent experience in which your point of view different from others. How did you handle it?
- Who are the most difficult people to listen to? Why?
- What would you do if the client vetoed every single design idea you presented at the final presentation?
- Tell me about a particularly difficult or unusual problem you encountered in your schooling? How did you address this problem?
- What was the hardest thing about going to school and completing this program?
Analyzing Problems on the job (If person has an employment history)
- What kinds of improvements did you make to your position in your last job?
- Describe the most creative work-related project you have completed?
- Tell me about a job experience in which you had to speak up to tell others what you thought or felt?
Do you have any questions for me?