The Office of International Education partners with a variety of providers who offer unique international experiences, from immersive study abroad experiences and internships to transformative service learning opportunities.
Unearth the World is a social enterprise devoted to planning meaningful and transformative international exchange opportunities for students, professionals, groups and families. We prioritize social impact, financial transparency, and volunteer education.
What can you expect from an Unearth the World program?
- Participation in a global service learning training curriculum
- Pairing with an international nonprofit in Peru, Nicaragua, Ghana or Zambia.
- Ability to work alongside an international organization on a community driven service project (All projects include 3 meals/day, accommodations and transportation.)
- Travel planning and fundraising support
- Post-trip coaching and guidance so that you can incorporate your service learning into your daily life
Barcelona SAE to offer a wide range of non-paid internships, available in English or Spanish, at almost anytime of year in Barcelona, Spain. These internships can be matched with jobs related to the following areas of study offered atHarper:
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Communication, Media
- Business, Management, and Administration *Students’ most popular choice
- Entrepreneurship *Another popular choice
- Education and Training
- ESL: English as a Second Language
- Health Science
- Human Services
- Social Science, GIS
- Information Technology
- Pre-Medicine, Pre-Law
- Science, Math, Engineering
- Supply-Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics
Internships are offered throughout the year with flexible start dates, and encompass 4-12 weeks of working 20-25 hours per week. Students live either with a local host family or in an apartment with other US students. The program includes weekly cultural activities, day-trips and optional weekend overnight excursions throughout Spain, as well as intensive Spanish Language classes.
Barcelona SAE also offers summer study programs for credit in English or Spanish. These programs range from 4 weeks to up to 12 weeks and offer the following disciplines in either language:
- Communication, Media
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Business, Management
- Accounting, Finance
- Political Science
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Visual Arts and Design
During the summer, students live either with a local host family or in an apartment with other US students. The program includes weekly cultural activities, day-trips and optional weekend overnight excursions throughout Spain.
About Barcelona: Barcelona is a vibrant port city on the Mediterranean. Even if you are new to the Spanish language, it is a very welcoming and navigable city in either language. It is a location renowned for its architecture and art, proud history, vivacious music and food scene, and seaside beauty. Meanwhile, it is also one of the Europe's most industrious centers and inventive home to start-up companies, NGOs, large corporations, schools, and/or hospitals where students may take part in the modern professionalism of this cosmopolitan capital of the Mediterranean!
Please visit www.BarcelonaSAE.com or more information. For specific Harper-related information, make an appointment with the Director of International Education and prepare for the professional and personal experience of a lifetime.
description in progress
description in progress