Link to Academic Video Online in Blackboard
- Go to the Library website: http://dept.harpercollege.edu/library
- Click on: Streaming Media
- Select from the list Academic Video Online
- You may want to sign in (top right) to save playlists or clips. You only need to sign in if you will be creating a playlist. Use your Harper College email address if you choose to sign in.
- Perform a simple keyword search, or search within a specific subject collection of videos, by selecting the collection from the drop-down menu.
- Review your results. Try an Advanced Search if narrowing or revision is needed.
- Select a video. Notice the filter options to the right of the results list.
- The video URL will look like this: http://vasc.alexanderstreet.com/view/1663971
Create a link to the video by pasting the video URL to the backend of this hyperlink: http://prox1.harper.cc.il.us:2048/login?url=
- Go to Blackboard. Find the appropriate place to paste the link. Select
"Build Content" and click "URL" from the drop down list.
Add the URL you just created.
Type the video title into the "Name" field.
- Provide the video abstract and/or directions for your
students in the text box.
- Select "Open in New Window" so that the resource opens outside of the Blackboard
template. Click "Submit" when finished.
Follow these instructions to create a playlist in Academic Video Online.