Link to CREDO Reference articles in Blackboard
- Go to the Library website: http://dept.harpercollege.edu/library
- Click on: Articles & More
- Select CREDO reference from the list
- Perform a keyword search or an advanced search for title, author, subject etc.
- Review results.
You may want to narrow your search by using the subjects, or entry types, in the left margin.
You can also return to the Advanced Search screen to revise your search.
- Click on the title of the entry you want to use. Scroll down to the bottom of the article. Copy the URL at the bottom of the page, and paste it into Blackboard. See sample below.
- You must also paste the "remote access" proxy link in front of the CREDO reference link above.
Remote access proxy link:
For example: http://prox1.harpercollege.edu:2048/login?url=http://www.credoreference.com/entry/jhueas/civil_rights_and_the_civil
- Go to Blackboard. Find the appropriate place to paste the link. Select
"Build Content" and click "URL" from the drop down list.
- Type the title of the entry into the "Name" field. Paste the URL
you just constructed into the URL field.
- Provide the full article citation, abstract and/or directions for your
students in the text box.
- Select "Open in New Window" so that the resource opens outside of the Blackboard
template. Click "Submit" when finished.