Link to ebooks in Blackboard
- Go to the Library website: http://dept.harpercollege.edu/library
- Click on: Library Catalog and Click Advanced Search
- Click the button for an electronic book (see the red E)
- Perform a search
- Select the book that you want to link to in Blackboard. Your search will
retrieve ebooks, digital videos, ejournals, etc. You can further narrow your search for ebooks by clicking "Books" in the right hand column on your results page.
- Click on the title. Right click on the link within the citation and "copy link location"
- Go to Blackboard. Find the appropriate place to paste the link. Select "Build Content" and click "URL" from the drop down list.
- Type the title of the book into the "Name" field. Paste the book's URL (that you coiped from the Library catalog) into the URL field.
- Provide directions for your students in the text box as to what pages to
read and/or questions to answer.
- Select "Open in New Window" so that the resource opens outside of the Blackboard
template. Click "Submit" when finished.