- If you need assistance with the instructions, watch this "how-to" video.
- Go to the Library website: http://dept.harpercollege.edu/library
- Click on "Streaming Media".
- Choose "Films on Demand" from the list of streaming options. Perform a keyword search. Notice the "By segment" and "By title" title options. In the example below, a search for "physics" presents possible titles in a drop-down box.
- You may want to refine your results by selecting "Newest to Oldest" or changing "Segments" to "Titles."
- Select the film, or the segment, you want to insert into Blackboard. Segments are usually only 3 or 4 minutes in length.
- After you click on the film's title, look under the video box in the "Details" tab. Cut and paste the link from the TITLE URL box into Blackboard.
- Go to Blackboard. Find the appropriate place to paste the link. Select
"Build Content" and click "URL" from the drop down list.
- Type the video title or segment into the "Name" field. Paste the "Title URL" into the URL field.
- Provide the video abstract and/or directions for your
students in the text box.
- Select "Open in New Window" so that the resource opens outside of the Blackboard
template. Click "Submit" when finished.
Create a playlist of video clips.
Follow these instructions if you'd rather not link to entire films.