Placement Exam Instructions
To take the Harper College World Language Placement Exam, please follow these instructions:
- To access the exam, go to this Placement Exam link and enter the password: WRHCLangs.
- Choose your testing language from the drop-down menu and click “begin.”
- Enter your full name as it appears on Harper records. Your ID number is your Harper student ID number (begins with H and ends in a number).
- Then, enter your email address.
- Please fill out all of the information on the registration page about your previous language experience. You will be given a practice test question so you can see how the test works. Complete the practice question and begin your exam.
- The placement exams are “adaptive,” meaning that they adapt automatically to your skill level. Answer each question to the best of your ability. Do not use dictionaries or outside sources to help you with test questions since the point is to help you place yourself accurately in language classes. If outside sources are used, the department does not have an accurate measurement of your ability and your placement may be incorrect.
- Once you have completed the exam, your score and ideal placement are displayed on the screen and the information is sent to the department. Record your score and recommended level for your personal reference. You are now ready to follow the registration override procedure.
For additional information on scoring, view the Placement Exam Score Guidelines