Who Are the Tutors?
Doris Howden, English Tutor Coordinator and English instructor
- Jim Vitullo, English and humanities instructor for Liberal Arts
- Judy Kulchawik, reading and English Professor in AELS
- Laura Spencer, English instructor for Liberal Arts
- Aaron Almanza, English instructor for Liberal Arts and AELS departments
- Erin Higgins, professional tutor with English and language degrees
How can tutors help you?
Tutors tailor sessions to meet your individual needs. They can:
- Guide you through every step of the writing process from brainstorming to final polishing
- Assess your strengths and weaknesses
- Review basic concepts
- Reinforce understanding of specific course material
- Develop study goals
- Clarify assignment expectations
- Offer strategies for more interactive reading of a text
- Offer strategies for responding to writing assignments
What is the first step?
Call 847.925.6796 or drop by F303 to make an appointment.
What can you bring to make the session more productive?
Bring materials to help the tutor understand your needs:
- An assignment sheet
- Class notes
- Class text